Re: Season 3 synopses

Michael Renjie Tom (renjie@uclink2.berkeley.edu)
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 02:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

Clse to the Third Tiamat battle in the initail movie I suppose because it
was in effect a battle of raw power. There was no real amazing startegy
that I can recall... To my knkowlege, it was a last ditch effort that
Hitler thought would bring him a miraculous victory by dividing the Allied
forces. He was close to correct. The Nazis amassed the bunt of their
entire Panzer forces and struck the Allies throught the cloak of the ARdan
Forest. Allied powers at the time had thought that Germany was weakened
and the war was to be an offensive one from that point on. The fight was
remembered just the the sheer violence and tension that insinued though.
It would be the first time in almost fifty years that US troops would be
executed for cowardice. The British Expeditionary Force would seize upon
this, mainly General MOntgomery, and before the entire thing was over,
Eisenhower (the commander of the entire Western Erope campaign) would
threaten to resign. Last minute apologies by the British and the
marshalling of all the different powers would push Germany back.
So, me thinks its a battle of raw power. But my knowledge of LOGH ont he
other hand only goes as far as half of the second season. Still waiting
ofor those bloody subs.
mike