Re: "admirals" or "generals"?

Sledge Hammer! (renegade@hooked.net)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Wayne H. Yin wrote:

> something i've wondered about...
>
> in the subtitles of the first series that i have, yang is a "brigadier
> general" at astarte and promoted to "rear admiral" when he takes command of
> XIII fleet. naturally, i'm a little confused. i hope that anyone with
> more knowledge into the organization of the alliance army will follow up.

In the beginning Yang is a Commodore, which is the navy equivalent
of a brigadier general in the army. Mabye the subtitlers were still deciding
whether to use the army or navy conventions.

-Hank

Hank Wong renegade@hooked.net http://www.hooked.net/users/renegade/
"Cal, the University of California, is not Berkeley, any more than
Berkeley, the city, is Cal." --Art Spander
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."
--Phantom F. Harlock,"Arcadia of My Youth"