Re: new LoGH scans

Wayne H. Yin (why@cs.utexas.edu)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 14:09:13 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Walter Amos wrote:

> I note that the jpeg (which I set for very high compression since the
> image is so large) looks a little splotchy.  IS this good enough or
> would there be interest in a larger but less splotchy version?  Perhaps
> in a non-lossy graphics format like TIFF? (but the picture would be 3
> or 4 Mb)

    space allowing, i think we could.  do you still have a non-compressed
copy somewhere to work from, or would you have to stitch together another
series of scans?  anyway, i think that having a relatively lossy picture
to browse is good, but being able to get something clearer would be great.

    i'll check the anime club account quota, but i don't think that will
be a problem.

--
  Wayne H. Yin
  why@mail.utexas.edu