Re: Lyrics

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 13:30:23 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, David Chee Kay Leung wrote:

> Hi Every One,
>
>         My English is really poor. I downloaded the songs "I am waiting for
> you" and "Skies of Love" from the internet but I don't know what the singer
> is singing! Could anyone tell me the lyrics of these two songs? I already
> know the first part of each song but I really don't understand the second
> parts. Thanks.

Well somebody already posted Skies of Love, however (a) there are a few small
differences between the lyrics in the LGH CD insert booklet I have and what
was posted, and (b) there is a second verse that wasn't covered.  So here are
what I have for the full lyrics of Skies of Love and "I am Waiting For You"

I AM WAITING FOR YOU
I can see through the stars into your heart
So no matter where you are it's never far
I hold you in my soul, you'll always be
Here with me forever, you must believe
* I am waiting for you
I am waiting for you in my heart

There are those times I feel lonely for you
But I know this shade of blue will soon pass through
I must be strong without you by my side
I can see forever you are my light
* (refrain)

SKIES OF LOVE
I look above the stars are bright
Yet I'm blinded by your light
Heaven seems so far away
Come back to me someday

The sky seems so blue
They lead me to you
Somewhere there's a place
in my heart
in the skies of love

I pray upon a star tonight
for the Gods to shine a light
There's a place that's far away
I'll meet you there one day

My faith lies with you
Protect all you do
There's always a place in my heart
in the skies of love.

...and even though you didn't ask for it, since it's in English (though barely
intelligible) here are the full lyrics of the Alliance National Anthem:

Liberty stands for freedom
Oh hail the flag that sets us free
standing righteous symbolic of strength
our hopes for freedom to be
My friends, not so far away
Rulers will reunite hand in hand
Oh Hail! Liberty Bell!
True Freedom for all men

Fighting hard for the future
The promise of a better day
For tomorrow we drink from the cup
the wine we fought for today
My friends let us sing a song
sing a song, ring a bell, liberty!
Oh Hail! Liberty Bell!
True Freedom for all men

"F" that stands for our freedom
as well the flag the stands so strong
Spirits set free in our future land,
so let us share in this song
My friends, not so far away
Rulers will reunite hand in hand
Oh Hail! Liberty Bell!
True Freedom for all men

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org