Re: Hello Everyone!

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 22:46:05 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Monica/Akira-chan wrote:

> Well, my name is Monica Shin, and I just watched LOGH 1-34 and the 1st movie
> in 2 days... /sweatdrop... I literally couldn't stop- I thought that I would
> join this ML, and see what nice noise we can all make... (tho' i already
> started some on cml-soc and ysml... oh well ^_^)

Welcome Monica!  It's always nice to gain new converts to our small but
devoted fandom.

> <Akira> Monica-san is still in shock over Kircheis' death...
> <Monica> he... they... waah!
> <Akira> He was her favorite character...
> <Monica> *sniff*

Um...is Akira like your roommate, friend, or that little voice in your head?
^_^;  Your reaction is quite common, especially among female fans I know.  I
continue to take some small pride personally in the I predicted Kircheis'
death after having seen only 4 episodes of the series... :)

> 2) Are there any more fansubs after 34?

Yes, but not many.  I have up to 38, dunno if any more have been completed.

> 3) What company publishes the manga? I saw a pic of Siegfreid (manga) and he
> was *cute!*

The manga are labeled "SC special" SC standing for I believe "Shonen Captain".
The ISBN # of the first volume is ISBN4-19-830021-6 c0079 P490E(0)

> 4) Sigh... Rein and Sieg are just too damned beautiful...

Um, er well... I suppose so.  However they are only 2 characters.  I tend to
get a little upset with the characterization I sometimes hear of LoGH being
"beautiful boys in space".  One thing I especially like about the LoGH anime
is that save for a few of the principals, most of the character designs are
bodies and faces that could actually exist.  My dad looks a little like Kemp
with a bit less hair and more tummy.

> So, what *has* everyone been talking about?

Well, not a lot most of the time.  This isn't exactly a high traffic list.
But usually when a discussion crops up it is fairly substantive.  As one would
expect with LoGH, we have a good signal to noise ratio.  But this is why it is
good to get more people - it spurs more discussion!

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org