Re: Hello Everyone!

Monica/Akira-chan (monica@pipeline.com)
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 00:32:42 -0500

At 10:46 PM 4/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Monica/Akira-chan wrote:
>
>> Well, my name is Monica Shin, and I just watched LOGH 1-34 and the 1st movie
>> in 2 days... /sweatdrop... I literally couldn't stop- I thought that I would
>> join this ML, and see what nice noise we can all make... (tho' i already
>> started some on cml-soc and ysml... oh well ^_^)
>
>Welcome Monica!  It's always nice to gain new converts to our small but
>devoted fandom.

Thanks! ^_^

>> <Akira> Monica-san is still in shock over Kircheis' death...
>> <Monica> he... they... waah!
>> <Akira> He was her favorite character...
>> <Monica> *sniff*
>
>Um...is Akira like your roommate, friend, or that little voice in your head?
>^_^;  Your reaction is quite common, especially among female fans I know.  I
>continue to take some small pride personally in the I predicted Kircheis'
>death after having seen only 4 episodes of the series... :)

Akira is one of the voices in my head... (comes from me being on CML too
much, I suppose...) Naga and Heero may pop up occasionally as well...
As for Kircheis' death- well, when they start doing the "nice people don't
last too long..." thing- I kinda figured... still... *Sniff*

>> 2) Are there any more fansubs after 34?
>
>Yes, but not many.  I have up to 38, dunno if any more have been completed.

*sigh* I see- oh well ^_^ /monica sits patiently waiting...

>> 3) What company publishes the manga? I saw a pic of Siegfreid (manga) and he
>> was *cute!*
>
>The manga are labeled "SC special" SC standing for I believe "Shonen Captain".
>The ISBN # of the first volume is ISBN4-19-830021-6 c0079 P490E(0)

Thanks! Off to Asahiya (or Kinokunia... ) ^_^

>> 4) Sigh... Rein and Sieg are just too damned beautiful...
>
>Um, er well... I suppose so.  However they are only 2 characters.  I tend to
>get a little upset with the characterization I sometimes hear of LoGH being
>"beautiful boys in space".  One thing I especially like about the LoGH anime
>is that save for a few of the principals, most of the character designs are
>bodies and faces that could actually exist.  My dad looks a little like Kemp
>with a bit less hair and more tummy.

Oh yes, they are very much more realistic that most- and I do like the fact
that you can actually envision them as actual people... ^_^

>> So, what *has* everyone been talking about?
>
>Well, not a lot most of the time.  This isn't exactly a high traffic list.
>But usually when a discussion crops up it is fairly substantive.  As one would
>expect with LoGH, we have a good signal to noise ratio.  But this is why it is
>good to get more people - it spurs more discussion!

Yes, LOGH seems to be more "intellectual?" something like that- I've tried
to get people to see it (had the first four for a while) and only my friends
who appreciate reading and the like were interested- *Sigh* I can't believe
someone asked me where the babes were... ^^;;

Monica/Akira-chan!

-----
Monica Shin/Akira-chan! --- monica@pipeline.com - Fav. Anime/Manga-
CLAMP stuffs- RGV, TB, X, MKR, CCD, 20 Menso, Duklyon, CCSakura, Wish,
LOGH, MBoy, GWing, Esca, RKenshin, FY, YYH, EVA, Zetsuai/Bronze
Fav. Charas- Akira, Siegfried, Duo, Heero, Hiei, Izumi, Kenshin, Subaru
http://www.pipeline.com/~monica/ - fanfics, tradelist, scans!