Re: Yang Wei-Li and Reinhard, and yes the game

Ondine (ondine@rocketmail.com)
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 01:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

---Kong Wong  wrote:
.  Amlitzer is
> another stupid Aillance mistake.  The Aillance went in without an
> objective and acted like an occupying force rather than a mobile
one.
> Anybody could have beaten the crap out of them when they couldn't
secure
> their supply route and supply shipments were without escorts.  (In
Logh
> IIIsp, I retreat all the fleets and caught Kircheis in Iserlohn.  He
> died)

That's exactly what I did too ! This (retreat at least 1 fleet to
capture Kircheis/guard Iserlohn) is the most natural move in the
circumstances. Can't believe Alliance can be stupid enough to just
leave  one fleet (practically a supply fleet) to guard Iserlohn, as if
Amilitzer is the only entrance into Iserlohn.

> Yang on the other hand was never given a fair chance to fight.
Nothing
> is fair in war.  But he was always the one who had to clean up the
> mess.  The largest force ever assembled under him was the one he had
> against Reinhard in Iserlohn.  And even that one had only thirty
hundred
> thousand ships.  He handle himself well in crsises and had enough
> extrondinaire tricks to win some unbelievable battles.

Exactly !

> To be a great general or admiral, what counts is not how great the
> victories are but how well did he handle himself in losing.
Reinhard is
> not a good loser.  Yang is.  That is the difference between them.
> Beside, in the Psycological warfare, Yang played Reinhard in his
palm.
> I guess not everyone will agree with me, especially about the bad
words
> on Reinhard.  That is understandable.
>
> At last, whoever is translating those books, you are doing a real
fine
> job.  Here is a little thing.  Field Marshall is the top guy in the
> Army.  For Navy, or in this case the Space Force, the top guy is
Admiral
> of the fleet or Fleet Admiral.
>
> The most corrupted Democracy is still better than the best
dictatorship
> of them all.

A half yes, even in theory. In my view, where a substantial proportion
of citizens are struglgling to live, if the government can provide the
basic necessities (and rights) to citizens, it does not matter to
those struggling ones who is in power and what type of gov't it is. It
is only when everyone, or at least a majority of citizens, need not
worry about their lives will it matter what governmental structure is
best.

Pardon me for any unintelligent views I have.

Ondine