Re: Oberstein, seiyu, and more

Chi Ming Hung (cmhung@insti.physics.sunysb.edu)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:45:59 -0400

On Jul 18,  8:10am, CSUE@delphi.com wrote:
> Subject: Oberstein, seiyu, and more
>
> Yes, it's truly amazing what a cast they assembled for GHL.  One can pick
> out voices very well after watching that!  The guy who plays
> Reinhart, also played Shun (ANdromeda) in St. Seiya.

His name is Horikawa Ryo, and he was also the voices for Sopp in Five
Star Stories, Yokoshima in GS Mikami (now that's a contrast with
Reinhard =), Kei (the pretty boy who fell for that puppet shinma)
in VP Miyu, and many more.

>  The guy who
> played Yang, also did Tochiro in Matsumoto's series (GT999, etc.)

His name is Tomiyama Kei, born in Manchuria in 1938 and died of cancer
in 1995.  Seems he didn't play too many roles, notable ones include
Kodai in Yamato, Chouichirou in Ultraman, Kasuga Takashi in KOR...

> think Frederica's seiyuu is the one who played the nasty tattooed
> woman in Crying Freeman, but I'll have to double-check.

Donno about that one, but her name is Sakakibara Yoshiko, who played
Sylia in BGC, Princess Kushana in Nausicaa (bet you didn't know that
one =), Karla and Leilia in Lodoss, the snake woman in Vampire Hunter D,
and more.

> Annerose's
> seiyu, like Mr. Kaneto, has been in nearly everythingt.

Annerose's seiyuu, Han Keiko, is my personal favorite, mainly because of
her role as Yukino Yayoi in Queen Millennia.  She also played as Luna
and Queen Beryl in Sailor Moon, Saasha in Yamato, Kei's mother in
Marmalade Boy, and many more.

> I'm sure the more
> fanatical seiyuu fans (redundant? :) could compile a comprehensive list.

Fanatical I'm not, but a comprehensive list I do have:

	http://looney.physics.sunysb.edu/~daffy/LoGH_seiyuu.html

The source of the info is Hitoshi Doi of course.

Ming.

--
|  \/  (_)_ _  __ _        >\\\|/<        | "If you wish to live wisely,  |