Re: Looking for episodes.

S. Cousin (scousin@u.washington.edu)
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, <Mark Andrew Siefert> wrote:

> > >    Well, LoGH can only be bought as Japanese LDs or VHS tapes.  No US or
> > > english release has been made.  Given the length and 'animation' I doubt
> > > it ever will.
>
> 	You mean because unlike most anime LoGH isn't especially violent
> and doesn't have "nekk-id" girls running around in every other scene?
> It's sad when high quality animation like LoGH is passed up for garbage
> that only satisfies the 14-22 year old age bracket who lusts after blood,
> guts, and T&A.
> 	Until someone on our side of the Pacific, had the courage to
> invest in a quality anime series like LoGH, I guess we will have to make
> due with what we got.

    I love LoGH, but lets face facts the animation has very little
movement.  The story is long and complex.  Maybe if LoGH was released here
it would do well, but what US company wants to take the chance?  When I
tried to show LoGH at my University club most (>90%) of peopel would get
up and leave until t was over.