Re: Translation of Logh.

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:36:05 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 wami@cuhk.edu.hk wrote:

>      Thanx Walter. However, my professor's view of gender and sexuality
> does not only include sex, but also other things like the relationship
> between men and women, their different attitudes in dealing with a
> particular thing or object. She says that it may also include the
> psychological status of men and women. So, that is what I mean by
> gender and sexuality here, as I think LoGH has much to do with
> the psychological status of the characters, especially Reinhart and
> Yang.

Of course - so what did you think about some of the other points I made in the
post thought about the interchangeability of character's genders and so on?

>      Since I haven't gone that far, I know nothing about this. But do
> you think that (Maybe SPOILER to some of you) Reunthal has some
> kind of problem with the other sex because of the incident that had
> happened when he was born? That may be one aspect of the gender
> and sexuality.

Oh Reuental definitely has some BIG problems dealing with women.  He isn't
called "After Six Romeo" Reuental for nothing.  It is stated definitively
later in the series that Oskar has a major problem committing to a long term
relationship.  The only woman he stays with for any length of time in the
series wants to kill him!

>      Never mind. My German is not either very good, as I'm still
> learning the language, and sometimes I will either mix the grammar with
> English, or forget it totally. Anyway, thank you for your offer.

OK, but feel free to buzz me later if you feel you want to try dialog or ask a
question.

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org