Re: LoGH Posters

xerxes@hkstar.com
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 01:42:23 +0800 (HKT)

At 04:28 PM 2/24/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Last last weekend, I went to Fanime Con. There was no LoGH related
>programming, but I did manage to pick up a decent full-sized LoGH poster
>in the dealer's room. Basically, it's a shot of Reinhard in the center
>with cape and full regalia. He is flanked by busts of the Imperial
>admirals on one side, and busts of Yang and other Alliance Admirals on the
>other side. The caption on the poster advertises season 4 if I read my
>Japanese correctly.
>
>Are there any other similar LoGH posters?

I have a tapestry which is an enlargement of the LD jacket of LD vol.
13(?) with Yang, Frederica, Julian, etc. on the left and Reinhard, Hilda,
Reuenthal, etc. on the right.  The nicest poster-size picture I have is
in the 1992(?) LoGH calender.  The last page of the calender depicts
Reinhard with crown on head and sceptre in hand, a very kingly sight.

The prettiest LoGH poster I have ever seen was painted by Okuda
Mantsuri(?) who designed the chief characters for the anime.  It shows
Reinhard sitting on a chair, glazing forward with a standing Kircheis on
his side, watching him for every slightest change of gesture.  I saw this
poster in a local Japanese bookstore a few days before a local TV channel
introduce Season 1 of LoGH.  As I knew nothing about the series, I did
not buy it; and it was gone when I went back for it a few days
afterwards.  A minature of this poster can be found in "Epitaph", a
selection of Okuda Mantsuri's illustrations.

Xerxes J.
<xerxes@hkstar.com>