RE: Question !!!!!! -Reply -Reply -Reply -Reply

Califf, Jennifer (jcaliff@nsai-petro.com)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:28:50 -0500

On Monday, April 27, 1998 5:05 PM, Chi Wai Ku [SMTP:cku@debevoise.com]
wrote:
> I will attend PeopleSoft Training from 4/28/98 (Tue) to 5/1/98 (Fri).
> Please contact help desk at x6960 for LegalTrax assistance.  Thank you!
> -Chi Ku

GODS NO!   MAKE IT STOP!!  I CAN'T HANDLE THIS UNTIL FRIDAY!  Chi Wai
Ku, come back and turn off the autoreply on your e-mail!!!!  It's only
Monday and in less than an hour it's already sent 8 replies.  Can you
imagine what this will look like by Friday?  It's replying to itself
every 12-13 minutes.  Right now it's replying to two messages (three
when this one arrives).  Figure it'll be at least 4 more days, more if
he doesn't come in on Friday and doesn't check his e-mail until Monday.
At the rate it's currently going in 24 hours it'll have responded to
each message more than 100 times.  Figure how many messages that'll be
by Monday!  And multiply that times the number of messages (three now,
probably more before Monday).  Someone do something!  Superman, where
are you when we need you?  We're going to be buried alive under a pile
of autoreply messages!

Jennifer

jcaliff@nsai-petro.com

  |    /_/