BOUNCE logh@soda.csua.berkeley.edu: Non-member submission from [Wayne H Yin <why@cc.utexas.edu>]

Hank Wong (hankwong@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: owner-logh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
To: owner-logh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: BOUNCE logh@soda.csua.berkeley.edu:    Non-member submission from [Wayne H Yin <why@cc.utexas.edu>]

To: LoGH discussion list <logh>
Subject: RE: AX98 Galactic Heroes Panel News

hi jennifer,

> He also said that they plan to release DVD sets of the earlier boxes,
> and that the LD versions were going to go completely out of print.

  so they're phasing out LDs in favor of DVD re-issues of the box sets?
hmmn, that could prove to be a problem for those of us with US country-
coded DVD players, won't it?  :(  can anyone out there clarify this for
us, please?

> I also liked the room for the sake of the television screens and viewing
> ease.  Although I wouldn't ever expect to see as many fans of LoGH as
> there were of FY.  It just doesn't have the right type of mass-fan
> appeal.  It's too sophisticated for most American anime fans.  ^_-

  yeah, there just isn't any "fan service" that most american anime fans
nowadays have come to expect.  i suppose that the producers could touch-
up the anime for export to america, like throw in a shower scene or two
with lady annerose or the baroness.  ^_-  (just kidding!)

--
  Wayne H. Yin
  why@cc.utexas.edu