Re: Hollywood MH preview (fwd)

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:47:30 -0600 (EST)

Just saw this post from Miyazaki mailing list patron saint Ryoko
Toyama, and thought it simply HAD to be reposted over here...

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:54:12 EST
From: Ryoko TOYAMA <RyoToyama@AOL.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list NAUSICAA <NAUSICAA@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU>
Subject: Re: Hollywood MH preview

goldsmith@APPLE.COM writes:

> >The fascination for Japanese culture apparent in last summer's
>  >"Mulan" continues at the Mickey Mouse headquarters.
>
>  I didn't see Mulan, but wasn't it about China, not Japan?

Well, I saw Miyazaki influence in Mulan, but I know that wasn't what the
reviewer meant.
I'm not sure if it was really the Chinese culture that was depicted in
"Mulan", though. ^^;

BTW, Yoshiki TANAKA, the author of "The Legend of Galaxtic Heroes", "Heroic
Legend of Alisran", "Soryuden" and such, once wrote a novel about Mulan. He is
also a big Miyazaki fan. There was a sentence in his novel (Soryuden), "And he
moved as if he was a character in Miyazaki anime". :)

Ryo