RE: LoGH cards adv and doujinshi

Califf, Jennifer (jcaliff@nsai-petro.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:56:00 -0600

On Monday, February 15, 1999 4:45 PM, Hank Wong
[SMTP:hankwong@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU] wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Califf, Jennifer wrote:
>
> > found at http://www.topher.net/~jcaliff/loghcard.jpg.  I also scanned
> > the covers of the two doujinshi volumes that I currently own, in the
> > hopes that I can show it to others and they might be able to help me
> > find additional volumes.  ^_-  The scan of the covers is
> > http://www.topher.net/~jcaliff/loghdouj.jpg.  Would anyone be interested
> > if I were to scan some of the other images from the doujinshi?
>
> Jennifer- I'm curious what these doujinshi are about, since the one I have
> (the same one that Ming mentioned a few months back on the list) seems to
> be a lot different. A lot lot different.

They are compilations of both manga and text fan-fictions.  Some of them
are parodies, others are alternate-universe stories (a couple set in a
feudal-Japanese society!), and more than a few are continuations set
after the end of the series (and some of those are more "serious" than
others).  Some of the artwork is highly stylized, some is similar to the
anime, and other is similar to the manga.  As always, some are much
better than others.  I'll scan some more images from different parts of
the manga.  Some of the pictures are SO cute!   The two foldout color
illustrations from the inside cover are both nice.  The one from the
first volume is the same design as the cover of the 3rd volume, but all
the characters are women!  The one from the 3rd volume is INCREDIBLY
CUTE picture of the main characters as children at a Japanese festival.

> I'll probably put up some scans from mine when things are less
> hectic...but I gotta warn the list in advance, serious fans of the show
> will be _seriously_ offended by this one (mine, not Jennifer's)

Is it H-doujinshi?  Yaoi?  Curious minds want to know.

> that said, I'm off for Chinese New Year...seeya all in a couple of days..
>
> Gung Hay Fat Choy!
> Gung Hsi Fa Tsai!
> Happy Year of the Rabbit!

Happy new year!

> Check out the new #logh IRC channel on EFNet!

I did, but no one was there.  ;_;  I'll try again sometime, maybe
tonight if I get a chance.

Jennifer

jcaliff@nsai-petro.com       http://www.topher.net/~jcaliff/iserlohn.htm

Broken mirror, a million shades of light
The old echo fades away
But just you and I can find the answer and then
We can run to the end of the world
-"Small of Two Pieces" lyrics by Masato Kato, end theme of Xenogears