soryuden was Re: New Book?

Lai Yin Yee (lyys@pacific.net.sg)
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:46:54 +0800

hi

At 12:16 AM 7/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I think Guys in HK is waiting for the new series of logh.But there is
>another series of book appear call the dragon of genesis by Tanaka.It's
>very interesting do anyone got any comments about it?
erhm, i think you are talking about tanaka sensei's 'soryuden'. if you read
the chinese/kanji characters , the closest it can come to is 'dragons of
creation/genesis' i think....it's about 4 brothers who are supposed to be
the reincarnation of the 4 dragon kings in chinese mythology. there are
currently 10 bks out in the japanese novels, so far i have heard that the
chinese version ( in HK should be by yi4 dai4 [in pinyin], and taiwan should
be published by sharp) has only bk 2 out, the rest are supposed to be coming
out, the delay was attributed to copyright problems....urrghhhhh.....sorry,
i am reading the chinese version, and it's not fun to wait :(.....but
soryu's quite a fun series to read. although it doesn't come close to the
depth and complexity of LoGH, plus the fact that 'soryu' is set in present
time and is somewhat like a (generic) fantasy story.....
if anyone wants to read something by tanaka sensei along the lines of LGH,
'tales of the seven cities' would be a pretty good bet IMO, it's a
collection of short stories, set in the future, with war strategy/politics
and stuff....there was an anime on this too if i remember correctly...

just my $.02
ramblings
lai