Re: The Westland Massacre (was : "family atomics")

Sydney Cousin (scousin@u.washington.edu)
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:40:41 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Mark David wrote:

> > You mean you are disillusioned with Reinhardt ?
>
> Reinhardt hated the nobles because, essentially, they used peoples'
> lives. Now he's used peoples' lives...billions of them.

Define uses... He's always been in command and used/ordered people.
Know that he's running the entire empire it's not surprising that he has
to order/use people. I assume that you mean he's now using people for his
own personnal gain and not to 'better the empire.' However, Reinhardt has
still install freedom of speech/press, cut taxes, and greatly improved
life FOR THE COMMONERS. He still tends to treat the old nobles like he
always did.
I'm not sure if that's right or wrong; however, it's also necessary to
send some people off to doing the fighting/killing/dying so that he can
make the empire better. I still trust him to the 'do the right' thing
more often than not and think he's still the best one to lead the empire.

IHMO
Sydney