Re: Nana Toshi Monogatari

Yin Lai (ylai@pwa.acusd.edu)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:42:03 -0800 (PST)

hi

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Ted Ekering wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Yin Lai wrote:

> It's just a single novel, then?  I'd love to know about the other stories
yes , as far as i know anyways, it's only one bk

> in the book, and how the first story differs from the anime.
there are only 5 shorties in them:) the anime just made the first story.
nothing much differs in the anime except that they cut a lot of backgrd
stuff , ie the politics, a bit of the history, like some of the backgrd
on the charas, eg charles etc. /shrug, they had to squash quite a bit of
history and warfare into a abt 1 hr anime slot so....

it's the same as for lgh the tv anime (i have only seen until epi 20+ i
think),
the beginning of the novels detailed the how and why rise of the goldenbaum
empire and how the federation came to being (the dissendents and their
somewhat spectacular escape) but i dont think the anime  had all of
this in the beginning of the anime.....O.O

> > the 2 main charas REALLY remind u of some of the charas fr LGH...:)
>
> Tanaka seems to have a fairly limited range of protagonists to his
> stories, doesn't he?  Oh well, I s'pose shojo will never entirely be
err.......i suppose so, he seems to draw a lot fr chinese lit too :)...i
remember those conversations back home when we were all reading LGH the
novels when it first came out in chinese.....many a debates were held :)
and there were also (of course) the inevitable comparisons btwn
lgh/arslan and the classic 'romance of the 3 kingdoms' :).....esp for
arslan...geez that one was kinda obvious who was who btwn san1kuo2/romance
and arslan....

> CLAMP's domain, as long as he keeps writing bishonen characters for other
err...clamp sensei tachi has V interesting ideas abt main charas and what
drives them...take RGV for eg.....:)

>manga artists and animators to illustrate...
hehe......:)

> > but the premise of the entire thing is kinda ok, and kinda fun too since
> > they are not allowed to use anything that is above 500m/ft(?) coz of the
> > olympus sys
>
> It's a gimmick, but a good one.   B)
>                                                        Ted Ekering
>                                                  Secretary, JAC Victoria
>                                                ws635@freenet.victoria.bc.ca
>                                                    Make love, not dubs.

but it's kinda unusual :) for me that is :)...havent been reading enough
miltary SF these days.....in any language...sigh...

ramblings
lai
.....executing the 'get the hell outta here' manueuver.....