Re: Reinhard married?

James Baker (baker@ludd.luth.se)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 07:41:28 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Reinhard-Siegfried wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I think a more appropriate translation of the title of episode 100
> should be  "Long Live the Empress!". Perhaps there is no word equivalent
> to "empress" in Japanese, but it just doesn't make sense, or at least
> very strange in English to call an emperor's wife a queen. (It doesn't
> make sense in German, supposed to be the language spoken by Reinhard et
> al, to call a kaiser's (ie emperor's) wife a koenigin (queen) too.)

But doesn't they use kaiserin in German for empress? Like "Empress Sissy"
in German is "Kaiserin Sissy"?

> I found in the Chinese edition of Logh novel the same
> non-sense/strange thing. The Chinese word used by the Taiwanese
> translators has the following two meanings only:
> 1. Hilda is a princess, which she isn't.
> 2. Hilda is some kind of a royal concubine, ie. Hilda to Reinhard is the
>    same as Annerose to Friedrich IV. I need say no more.
> It's really very strange.

So what was Hilda's title before she married Reinhard?

BTW, have you noticed that the ML is getting alive again ^_^

Thank You
My E-mail address is <baker@ludd.luth.se>
James Baker (A.K.A. Chong Li)
Long Live Kaiser Reinhard