Re: Bab5 spoilers

Sledge Hammer! (hankwong@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 23:48:49 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Walter Amos wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Sledge Hammer! wrote:
[my comments about Babylon 5 deleted]

> Ack!
>
> Before you start making comaprisons to  current Babylon 5 episodes PLEASE
> REMEMBER  that not all areas of the country get B5 at the same time!  The
> episode you speak of will not air in Austin until Sunday evening.  Many B5
> fans are spoiler-conscious so please don't put spoilers about current B5
> episodes in any public list messages!

Walter:

In the message I wrote, I was just sharing my general impressions of the
B5 episode. I expressly tried not to give away any episode specifics.

I think the similarities between B5 and LoGH have been pointed
out before on this list, and to anybody who's followed both series what
I said is not exactly earth-shattering considering the buildup in the
current B5 storyline.

However, if you considered I said to be a spoiler, then I apologize
profusely.

While we're on the topic of spoilers, I would like to point out that not
everybody on this list has seen all the episodes of LoGH or read all the
novels and magna. Reading about when and how Yang, Lohengramm, and
Reuenthal meet their fates was not exactly desirable to me as I've only
seen the first 34 eps and read the first 3 magnas. I'm not trying to
justify my actions, but mabye we should all be more careful when we talk
about the storylines in either series.

Regards,
-Hank

p.s.  to the person who asked, Babylon 5 is a live-action science fiction
TV series currently airing in the US and several other countries.

Hank Wong				hankwong@soda.csua.berkeley.edu
California '95				Technical Writer and PP-ASEL-IA
Legend of the Galactic Heroes List Administrator
*****-----*****---http://www.hooked.net/~renegade***-----*****