Re: Hello Everyone!

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:09:13 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, David Chee Kay Leung wrote:

> How did you figure it out only after 4 episodes? I am quite interested. I
> myself figured it out almost after 10 episodes when I saw Kircheis and
> Reinhard separating during the theme song while the singer sings, "come back
> to me someday". How about you?

Well ep. 4 is the one where we have the flashback to Rein and Sieg's early
life.  Since it was so obvious Sieg was in love with Annerose from the gitgo,
I began to think about that.  I thought - given the generally serious nature
of the show, would the author allow Sieg and Annerose to ever get together?
The more I thought about it, the less I could come up with a scenario for this
that didn't sound like "they lived happily ever after".  And I was certain an
author this good wouldn't resort to that kind of pat ending.  Also there was
the consideration that Reinhard wanted power, so would it serve his purposes
to allow Annerose to marry Sieg?  Probably not, also considering the possible
tensions that this maybe could cause in their friendship.  I didn't think the
author would have the two have a falling out, though that was possible, so the
only logical resolution of this dilemma I could come up was that Kircheis
would have to die at some point.  Of course then I didn't know how the series
worked out and I wouldn't have thought they would kill such a major character
comparatively early on in the series.  Asked to guess I'd have guessed he'd
get it near the end of the series, however meany episodes that turned out to
be.  Of course after the first series so many other elements were introduced
that all my ability to predict how things might go went out the window.  Sad
though I was at Kircheis deathm it was a little gratifying to think that my
logic processes worked similar to the author of such a cool show.

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org