Re: Army and Land Warfare in Logh, something about Duke, too.

Kong Wong (Kongwong@mail.datadepot.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 22:32:58 -0700

Sledge Hammer! wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Kong Wong wrote:
>
> > I don't know who got the funny ideas that there were no ground force in
> > Logh - which we call Army today.  That Senior General( I forgot his
> > name), who got captured by Reinhard in the CIVIL war, was an officer
>
> Ovelsser (sp?). I think he was commander of the Grenadiers. As somebody
> else mentioned the Rosen Ritters are also a ground force. Technically they
> could be Marines though, as opposed to Army units, but nontheless they
> were ground forces.
>
> I don't think though anybody said there were no ground forces- just that
> what we would think to be the "Navy" (i.e. the ships) is called the Army
> in LoGH.
>
> > Attacking a Fortress require ground forces too.  And I don't recall the
> > Empire land their ships on the planet.  The only time they land ships in
> > Odin, they landed in the lakes.
>
> The Empire landed their ships on planets all the time. One example is the
> episode (13 or 14) where they land on the planet (can't remember which guy
> though) to evacuate the food supplies before the FPA could take the
> planet.
>
> I also seem to remember a scene where FPA ships were launching from the
> surface of Heinssen. (when they embarked on the invasion of the Empire)
> Did I just misremember?
>
> -Hank

> Hank Wong                               hankwong@soda.csua.berkeley.edu
> California '95                          Technical Writer and PP-ASEL-IA
> Legend of the Galactic Heroes List Administrator
> *****-----*****---http://www.hooked.net/~renegade***-----*****
I didn't mean in the TV series, I meant in the novel, when I said they
never land ships on the ground.  I don't suppose those oddly shaped ship
can land on the ground.  Grenadiers are Army soliders.