RE: Warning Jennifer Califf [spoilers]

Califf, Jennifer (jcaliff@nsai-petro.com)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:45:49 -0500

Hank Wong wrote:

>My impression was that the other Admirals were not especially eager to
>help Kircheis, due to jealousy over his close relationship with
>Lord Reinhard. This may have explained why nobody stepped forward to help
>him.

Be that as it may, you'd think at the very least they would want to
prevent Reinhart from being injured.  I still can't get over that scene.
 Actually, I also wonder if maybe the scene was streched for dramatic
effect.  Maybe in reality it wouldn't have seemed so long.  Or maybe
eveyone was so completely shocked that they couldn't think.  Of course,
you wouldn't expect that kind of reaction from these guys, whom Reinhart
chose partially for their ability to think on their feet.

>> >was yelling at the screen, "How long does he have to fight with this guy
>> >and lie there bleeding on the ground before someone tries to help him.
>> >A HANDKERCHIEF!?  PATHETIC!!  FOR GOD'S SAKE, APPLY DIRECT PRESSURE!!!
>> >IDIOTS!! HOW COULD YOU BE IN THE MILITARY AND NOT KNOW BASIC FIRST
>> >AID!!!!!!!!!!)  However, because of that order I hold Oberstein
>> >personally responsible for Kircheis' death.
>
>I don't think even proper first aid would have helped Kircheis,
>considering where he was shot.

You never know.  It couldn't have made things any worse.

Jennifer