RE: Warning Jennifer Califf [spoilers]

Josh Yuan (jjyuan@ucla.edu)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 01:43:51 -0400

At 11:05 PM 7/15/97 +0200, you wrote:
>At 11.51 1997-07-15 -0500, Califf, Jennifer wrote:
>
>>Oberstein, in the anime at least, did jump in front of Reinhart at the
>>last second.  But anyway, wasn't it by Oberstein's orders that Kircheis
>>had to turn over his gun to security before that whole fiasco?  Maybe if
>
>Didn't Oberstein talk Reinhard into giving that order?
>
>>the staff had had their weapons, they could've taken him out before he
>>could've pulled the trigger.  Certainly, if Kirchies had time to grab
>>him, there would have been time to fire.  Although I must say that the
>>reaction time of everyone else was truly pathetic in that situation.  (I
>>was yelling at the screen, "How long does he have to fight with this guy
>>and lie there bleeding on the ground before someone tries to help him.
>>A HANDKERCHIEF!?  PATHETIC!!  FOR GOD'S SAKE, APPLY DIRECT PRESSURE!!!
>>IDIOTS!! HOW COULD YOU BE IN THE MILITARY AND NOT KNOW BASIC FIRST
>>AID!!!!!!!!!!)  However, because of that order I hold Oberstein
>>personally responsible for Kircheis' death.
>
>So how long time did it take in the anime for Kircheis to fight Ansbach
>before Ansbach fired that shot?

About 5 seconds.  Also, they can't apply direct pressure on the area where
Kircheis was shot.  Kircheis had about a minute to live after the hit.  The
vain there supply blood to the brain. So you could either use direct
pressure and cut off blood supply or leave it open and cut off the blood
supply.  Too bad they could get him into a cryo-unit.  If they could have
just freezed him.