Re: Taking the shot

Kong Wong (Kongwong@mail.datadepot.com)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:14:50 -0700

Deborah J. Brown wrote:

> Kong Wong wrote:
> >Oberstein will never take that shot for Reinhard.  But if he was in
> >charge of security, the incident would never have a chance to occure.
>
> You interest me. I've not read the novels, so I don't know how it was
> originally written, but the anime clearly shows him stepping in front of
> Reinhard. He was apparently willing to take the shot. How do you mean He
> will never take that shot?
>
> I agree that security should never have allowed the weapon to get in,
> leaving me to wonder if there may have been a spy in the ranks who let
> it slip by. Does anyone who's read the novels know?
>
> Legion - Okay, so it's *sick* to like Oberstein.
In the books, I don't recall Oberstein step up or anything.  Beside, a
laser gun can penetrate anything, let alone oberstein's lean body.  Of
course, I can be wrong since my books are not here with me.  They didn't
check the body because it was still tridition not to bother a dead noble
as a kind of respect.  (That is straight guessing)  Further, Asbach
surrendered.
Legion, - no, it is not 'sick' to be like Oberstein, he is just being
logical - like any vulcan.