(no subject)

Hank Wong (hankwong@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:36:53 -0800 (PST)

>From majordom  Fri Dec 12 23:35:46 1997
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 23:32:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Ted Ekering <ws635@victoria.tc.ca>
To: "'logh@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU'" <logh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Re: Another silly question
Sender: owner-logh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
ReSent-Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:36:50 -0800 (PST)
ReSent-From: Hank Wong <hankwong@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.BSF.3.96.980305183650.6943I@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Walter Amos wrote:

> Now during the auction, one or 2 people canvassed audience taking bids.  When
> the Reinhard cel came up, one of these people just sat right in front of me.
> As the bidding went on, Mike and the rest of the staff were obviously focused
> on me.  Almost no one else bid, probably from the combination of the
> unpopularity of LoGH coupled with the intimidating factor of having all the
> head people at the con so obviously encouraging me.

You can say that again!  I didn't have much money left (and I KNEW you'd
outbid me no matter how high I went!), but I had to put in a token bid for
both the Reinhard and Yang cels.  Didn't you get the Yang as well?

> So in the end I picked up a gorgeous cel of Reinhard in his white-cape
> and epaulets outfit from shoulders up for only $40.

<grr...>  There's an important lesson to be learned here, fellow
con-goers...  Don't blow all your money in the dealer's room before the
art auction!
                                                       Ted Ekering
                                               Vic & Jack's Subtitling Ink.
                                                   ws635@victoria.tc.ca