Re: question 2

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 23:19:51 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Vanpus E'ynoss wrote:

> I recently talked to a german classmate figuring in that most of the
> empire's name would be in german. So she told me that Reinhard can't be
> right it should be Reinhart because german names do not have hard as part of
> their name structure. Also Rein means poor so the whole name may mean poor
> heart.

As I said in my last note, I have seen bith spellings used so I think both are
valid.  But near as I can tell "rein" means "clean" or "pure", unless the noun
(capitalized) is different from the adjective (lower case).  The German word
for poor is "arm".

> As for Lionheart, so other friends of mine said that it sounds like it on
> the anime..Li-on-hear-t and also he is suppose to have hair like the mane of
> a lion..according to the books...

Also as I said earlier, if you use the Lowengramm spelling (with the o
umlauted), the root in German would mean lion.  I am certain his first name is
actually Reinhard, not Lionheart.

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org