Re: [Spoiler / Noise] The strategy in LoGH vs Gundam W

Wayne H Yin (why@cc.utexas.edu)
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 09:54:50 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998 wami@cuhk.edu.hk wrote:

>      Two days ago, I've finished watching Gundam W. In the last
> episode, Zechs wants his Libra crashing with the Peacemillion into
> Earth. Is this somewhat similar to the one that is used by an general
> of the Empire (I just remember that his name is Karl.) to crash
> Iserlohn? The only difference is that Libra is not in the shape of a
> planet, while that used by Karl is one.

    i'm not sure it was really a STRATEGY on kemp's part.  maybe more of
an act of desperation?

    but i was far more impressed by kemp's strategy to use the tidal
forces of gravity to trap the Thor's Hammer on the side facing
geiersburg, exposing the bare metal surface on the far side of iserlohn
to bombardment by muller's fleet.  no magical directed foo-gas!

    it was one of those moments where, when i suddenly realized what was
happening, i sat up straight in my chair!  damn, i wonder if it's the
same kind of astonishment that reinhard felt at astarte, when he finally
saw through yang's plan... too late!  :)

i guess that's one of the reasons why i love this show.

--
  Wayne H. Yin
  why@cc.utexas.edu