Re: [Spoiler / Noise] The strategy in LoGH vs Gundam W

Isaac Kuo (kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu)
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:40:34 -0600 (CST)

Wayne H Yin wrote:

>    i'm not sure it was really a STRATEGY on kemp's part.  maybe more of
>an act of desperation?

>    but i was far more impressed by kemp's strategy to use the tidal
>forces of gravity to trap the Thor's Hammer on the side facing
>geiersburg, exposing the bare metal surface on the far side of iserlohn
>to bombardment by muller's fleet.  no magical directed foo-gas!

It's a pity that gravitational tides don't work that way.

I thought it was neat too, but I also realized that the tides
should create bulges on _both_ the facing and opposite sides.
The place which would be exposed is the "equator" (imagine
the north pole pointing towards Kemp's fortress).

So far I've only seen the first third of the series, but the
strategy which impressed me the most is very easily Reinhard's
strategy to counter Fork's invasion plan.  It was the sort of
thing only possible because of the exact nature of the
different cultures of the Empire and the Union, and it fit in
precisely with the powers and limitations Reinhard had to deal
with at the time.
--
    _____     Isaac Kuo kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~kuo