Non-member submission from [Wayne H Yin <why@cc.utexas.edu>] (fwd)

Hank Wong (hankwong@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 19:41:30 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:57:50 -0500 (CDT)
From: Wayne H Yin <why@cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: RoV and costumes...

Hank wrote:

> On the topic of costumes, I've seen a few imperial uniforms at
> various cons (AX '97 and AWA '96 come to mind) but I've never
> seen anybody in a FPA costume. It would seem to me that the FPA
> costume would be the easier one to do. Anybody even seen any
> FPA costumers?

  Yeah, Scott Swaboda in Dallas, Tx appeared in an FPA costume at
Project A-Kon a few years back.  (BTW, Scott also crafted the
torque/mantle for walter's Imperial costume)  His costume seemed
to be quite simple, using some FPA emblems made from plastic Chrysler
car key handles.  Getting the beret to sit just right was a problem,
though.  ;)

Sue replied:

> I think FPA uniforms would be so much easier, we could
> get a huge group together very readily.

  Yeah, I agree.  Actually, I was also looking at the Rosenritter
fatigue outfits that we see later in the series.  They don't look
very complicated either, but I'm not sure if they'd be very
convincing IRL.

--
  Wayne H. Yin
  why@cc.utexas.edu