Re: Question !!!!!!

Sentiono Leowinata (c5ip@unb.ca)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:53:33 -0400

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 23:58:39 PDT, Henrietta Wu wrote:

>Now, that leads to another question. Does Reinhard desperately need
>Oberstein? I've always have to impression that Reinhard is fine on his
>own. May be the author of logh lionized Reinhard's omnipotence. I guess
>their association is mutually beneficial to them both regardless of the
>side effects.

I think it describes the imperfection of any humans. No one is
perfect. How clever one is, there must be one or two weaknesses one
has. Reinhard, as Annerose described, always look far away. He often
forget the path he is taking. Not only that, he needs someone to aid
in his political intrigue - Oberstein is the best person. Oberstein
has the look, has the ability, and has the ambition.

>BTW, why the author doesn't describe Reinhard's days at the cadet?

I heard someone mentioned the OAV "Golden Wings". Does anyone has a
copy of this? I really want to have it. Unfortunately, it has not
been subbed nor translated - maybe we should beg Sue to do it again?

>The character itself emerges as a soldier of a considerable high rank. I was
>watching J.I. Jane the other day and I was absolutely horrified at the
>intense military training one has to go through in order to obtain
>operational skills.

Officer training is different from soldier training. Officer training
is not as hard as those special forces, if I may add. The path is
different. So, I'm not surprised if many officers are a little bit
flat ;)
Not only that, Reinhard is also Annerose's brother, the emperor's
favourite. That should give him a boost.
What I would like to know is, how does the influence affect Siegfried
Kircheis? Is it because Annerose's affection to Kircheis and Annerose
asked the emperor, too?

>Like it or not, Reinhard is a rather dry and flat
>character. No human flesh. Never seen him mess around with interns like
>that particular someone at the White House. ( Do women come with power
>or do power comes with women? )

Yes, I would like to know the sex life of those heroes. It seems they
left out things like that. Does anybody care to fill it in?

Regards,
Sent.

ps. I am still waiting a response from someone that has a copy of eps
39-42 (subbed), and the complete episodes of LoGH. I would really
appreciate it if someone can help me to get a copy of all of them.
Can someone help me, please? Thanks.
Sentiono Leowinata, c5ip@unb.ca, Fredericton-NB-Canada, 506-454-0876
"You can if you think and you believe you can"