RE: A Frabjous Day!

Califf, Jennifer (jcaliff@nsai-petro.com)
Tue, 5 May 1998 10:45:28 -0500

On Tuesday, May 05, 1998 4:45 PM, xerxes@hkstar.com
[SMTP:xerxes@hkstar.com] wrote:
> At 10:23 AM 5/4/98 -0500, Califf, Jennifer wrote:
>
> [deleted]
>
> >Anyway, I have a couple of questions.  I know the LDs have been
> >rereleased a couple of times, so is there a way to tell which pressing
> >the LDs are?  The only date I see on them is 1989, but that doesn't
> >really tell me anything.  I was wondering if all the releases came with
> >the extra stuff or if it was only the first press?
> >
> >Also, the binder with the character design sheets in it looks like there
> >should be more.  If you look at the first page it has little index
> >markers for characters and mech designs for both Alliance and Empire, as
> >well as character for Phezzan and something else I haven't identified.
> >But the binder itself only included character sheets for the Alliance
> >and Empire, so it looks like there should be additional sheets available
> >for it.  Does anyone know how this works?  Was the next set of sheets
> >released with the next box, or were they available through some other
> >offer?
>
> A friend of mine has a 1st Season box set.  He has had before the second
> season was released so I think his is from the first release.  The box set
> comes with the binder you mentioned but I'm not sure if the telephone card
> was included.  The VCD (shouldn't it be a 5.25" conventional laser video
> disc ?) containing the opening and ending sequences was not available with
> his box and as he bought it brand new, your box set is probably a 2nd or
> 3rd release.

Ah, I see.  The mini disc actually says either VCD or CDV on it.  It
does play in a conventional LD player though.  Took me forever to figure
what to do with the darn thing.  I tried a regular CD player and a
CD-ROM before I thought to try it on the LD player itself.  Silly me.
^_^

> Each of the subsequent box sets comes with a binder with information
> sheets but I'm not sure if they contain the information you want.  A
> bonus laser video disc (5.25" for 2nd and 3rd Seasons and full size for
> 4th Season) and telephone card should also be found, so look for them
> next time you buy a used box.

I need to savor the one I have for now (and hopefully save up enough
money).  Though it's strange about the extra stuff.  From what I had
heard promos usually only come with the first print run of most series.
Heck, most series you can only get boxes with the first print run (which
is why I'm going to buy Utena vol 7 even though I don't have 4-6 yet
just so I can get the box before it's too late).

Jennifer

jcaliff@nsai-petro.com

  |    /_/
   \___/