Re: Information needed urgently...

Chi Ming Hung (cmhung@insti.physics.sunysb.edu)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:22:47 -0400

On Jun 29, 12:39pm, sundae wrote:
> Subject: Re: Information needed urgently...
> These are probably priate VCD's.  They (along with many other anime and
> Japanese soap operas) are available everywhere in Hong Kong at about
> HK$10/disc, which comes to about HK$100-150 per box.  If you really don't
> mind being caught buying priate VCD's, I'd suggest you *NOT* to buy at SASA
> but ask someone to buy for you in HK if you have such contact.

Um sorry but I fail to see why we should not buy from SASA instead of
ordering from HK (which costs more in terms of both time and money).
Are you implying that the VCDs in HK are legit copies while those from
Taiwan aren't?  Somehow I doubt that...

And BTW I got vols.3 and 4 of the LoGH box sets today from SASA, and I'm
relieved to find that all disks now seem to be encoded in NTSC format
instead of PAL =)  Oh and there are further variations in the info
printed on the VCDs: The VCDs in box set 4 are all printed in gold color
(I think the CD data surface is also gold-plated), just like those in
vol.2, but with the Japanese copyright holder info missing =)  Those disks
from box set 3 are all printed in color with a different LoGH picture for
each disk, and with "Catco" of Hong Kong as copyright holder =)  Now I'm
all confused =)

Ming.

P.S.  *** SPOILER WARNING AHEAD ***

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

And while I was testing the VCD formats, I came across the scene of Yang's
death =(  Now I have to watch faster to get to that part sooner...