Re: LoGH VCD collections

wai yip (lachesis@cs.bu.edu)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:12:36 -0400 (EDT)

It really depends on whether or not it's a bootleg VCD and the
manufacturer.  most of the bootleg VCDs i've seen are about the
quality of a 3rd generation fansub.  even the best VCDs cannot match
the quality of a good VHS tape, although it's pretty good.
older LD players can't play VCDs.  it depends on the LD player.
i have a good computer, so i can play vcds on my computer and send the
output to the tv directly.  now if only i knew someone in HK willing
to get me some VCDs... :)