Re: logh feedback

Hank Wong (hankwong@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:33:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Walter Amos wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, William c dillon wrote:
>
> > i really want to buy the vcd set. where can i find it?
> > the only LOGH i've seen was at CalAnimage years ago but it was so good i
> > continue to search for it.  is the vcd version subtitled in english?
>
> Unfortunately I think the "vcd" format is something unique to Asia, are
> they not?  (Are they the same as DVDs?)  In any case I am certain vcds

Although I think VCDs can be played in DVD players, they are not the same
format as DVD.

My quibble with VCDs is that their quality is not good. From the few VCD's
I've seen at computer shows, the quality is about on par with a VHS tape
recorded in EP. As always, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd especially
be interested in comments on the visual and sound quality of the LoGH VCDs
specifically.

-Hank

-----
Hank Wong             		hankwong@soda.csua.berkeley.edu
LoGH List Admiral		http://www.hooked.net/~renegade
"So fast...like a gale..." -Vice Adm. Al-salem
List archive: http://looney.physics.sunysb.edu/~daffy/loghlist
IRC: GaleWolf (EFNet #fansubs, #anime!) alt /nick: Desslok