Re: logh feedback

Walter Amos (amos@sedl.org)
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 23:42:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, William c dillon wrote:

> i really want to buy the vcd set. where can i find it?
> the only LOGH i've seen was at CalAnimage years ago but it was so good i
> continue to search for it.  is the vcd version subtitled in english?

Unfortunately I think the "vcd" format is something unique to Asia, are
they not?  (Are they the same as DVDs?)  In any case I am certain vcds
are not English subbed as the only ones I have ever heard of come out
of China.  But the other minor quibble is that it is also my
understanding that VCDs are basically higher-tech bootlegs. (Please
correct me if I am wrong)  But to the best of my understanding the
creators don't receive a roalty from their sales putting them on a par
with SM cds.

Your best bet is to hunt down the LD sets, though this is hard to do
and gets expensive.  Second to that, you can get the fansubs from US
subbers.
"Zu jeder Zeit, an jeder (sic) Ort, bleibt das Tun    |       Walter Amos
  der Menschen das gleiche..." - Galactic Heroes II   |      amos@sedl.org