RE: cels n' more

Califf, Jennifer (jcaliff@nsai-petro.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:56:38 -0500

On Monday, September 07, 1998 11:24 PM, Girrens@aol.com
[SMTP:Girrens@aol.com] wrote:
> I went to Japan for the first time in August (wai wai !!!!), and among other
> things went to Comiket.  In the room where the anime and gaming type
companies
> were, my eagle eye lit upon a large poster of LOGH and homed in on the
Tokuma
> booth.
> Ahhhhhhhhh.........
> I bought a set of postcards, a pack of the (forthcoming??) LOGH collector
> cards AND they were selling "grab bags"(envelopes) of cels for the bargain
> price of 1000 yen - at the exchange rate just over $7 US - for 4 cels. You
> didn't know what you would get, but at the price, who cared ? I bought 2
> (shoulda bought more) and for less than $15 US I got:   a head shot of
> Reinhard and Sieg together(must be from the new stuff), Yang (finally ^_^
!!),
> Julian, Frederica, Chen, Steinmetz, Bucock and only one so-so cel of the
> distant fleeing back of some girl. Ureshiiiiii.  I also got lucky at
Ishimaru
> when I bought an LD - they offered me a choice of freebies off both a poster
> board and a miscellaneous board, and the misc board had a set of buttons
(2''
> maybe in diameter), one of Kaiser Reinhard and the other of the Lohengramm
> lion.
> Plus I found the CLAMP Tanaka doujin, plus  the manga vol 9, plus lots of
non-
> LOGH stuff. It was kind of a good thing the new LOGH box wasn't out because
> don't know if I could have handled hauling it and the Touch LD box(26 lds) I
> bought from Tokyo to Kansas.
> enuf for the happyhappy rant
> Suzuno/Frederica

jcaliff@nsai-petro.com       http://www.topher.net/~jcaliff/iserlohn.htm

"One of the mammals' evolutionary advantages was that they bore their
young alive.  As research has conclusively shown, animals that bore
their young dead generally got nowhere."
  --  _Science Made Stupid_ by Tom Weller