Re: LOGH Chat Page

Lee Thompson (lt@seattlelab.com)
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 17:55:40 GMT

On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:41:59 -0500, you wrote:

>Lee Thompson wrote
>>>Just change your nick.
>
>Joe Monson wrote:
>>If the bot pissed-off a high muckitty-muck @ EFnet, they could have >banned anyone from her domain. Changing the nick won't help her if >that's what has happened. The only thing to do then is inquire with the >resident BOFH and see if that's what has happened.
>
>That's exactly what happened. (Had my arms full of wriggly boy and
>couldn't go into details.) Apparently some idiot who'd been using
>ERInet as their ISP had gotten onto EFNet (and I think at least one
>other server) and started up a self-replicating Bot. Kono baka-yaro
>desu. I've not actually checked with ERInet to see if that's why I
>can't get on EFNet now, but one of my friends who was also on ERInet
>told me that was *probably* the cause.
>
>>Or change ISPs.
>I could, but it's more trouble than it's worth. My current addy has
>been passed out far and wide and I don't want to have to change it if
>I don't have to.
>
>So, the question stands, if there's a way to get chatting on EFNet via
>a website, could someone pass it on to me?

There are a lot of EFnet servers; and there are no 'global' k-lines at this
point.  Try irc.prison.net and irc.idle.net.  The latter especially since it's
new.

I'll try to find that IRC<>WWW gateway URL and post it to the list.

_
Lee Thompson                       lt@seattlelab.com
Seattle Lab Inc.           http://www.seattlelab.com
Product Manager