Re: LoGH VCDs and Chinese script

sundae@cheerful.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:28:48 -0500 (EST)

> Does anybody know the company or group that translated LOGH into
> Chinese Subtitles?
> Also, are the scripts for the entire tv series available? What I
> mean is does anyone have access to these or can you buy them?

As far as I know, it is rather difficult to trace the origin of the
Chinese scripts.  The VCDs are available everywhere, most are
pirate copies (I don't even know if there are legal subbed ones).
Even if you ask the store where did they get it from (providing they
did tell you), you'll probably only know the factory which made the
CDs, which might no longer (or never) exist.

I think the chances of getting the scripts are quite slim even if
someone is willing to pay for them.  Fansubbing is more of a business
than hobby in Hong Kong/Taiwan because most young people are fans of
at least some anime/manga series.  Most of them are not fond of
American cartoons/comics because they think the artwork are ugly,
not much meat in the plot (doesn't mean all manga/anime are good),
and they simply don't understand those American jokes.

Anyhow, if anyone *does* have some means to get the scripts other than
typing it out, please share it on the mailing list so people like Hank
can start translating (Hank:  I assume you're willing to do so).

sundae