Re: On war

Ondine (ondine@rocketmail.com)
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 06:03:04 -0700 (PDT)

---Kong Wong  wrote:

> The question I raised regarding to the ability of the Alliance
Admirals
> were different to those fought against Napoleon.  Napoleon faced
enemy
> who were given the power regarding to their blood rather than their
> ability.  However, in a democractic system, the ability is the only
> thing that counts.  Therefore, the inability of the Alliance Admirals
> were very doubtful.

Exactly ! In a democratic system, soldiers get their position by their
ability. Perhaps this is one major flaw of the story. The author must
have forgotten about this resulting in the seeming incompetence of the
Alliance Admirals and Vice-admirals. It could have been that the
author meant the Alliance Admirals are competent but the Empire
Admirals are geniuses .....

Ondine