Re: More on ranks, SF, etc.

Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMail.UNeb.EDU
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:15:06 -0500

Ditto on the headache; it's always been the assumption that space warfare,
and therefore military culture would be based on navies. As the main push
in the US, at least, has been to involve the air force and naval aviation,
I've always wondered if use of the word 'fleet' and not wing or group was
less than  apropos, but always realized that was me showing my parochialism
and quickly shut up.

As for the funny little  , I figured that was whatever editor she's using,
not necessarily DELPHI's fault.
Like I know? I just finished explaining to someone that task names under
IBM's MVS system must be alphanumeric or national characters. He said,
'National Characters? Like Madonna?' ;->=

Ditto on liking Dune the movie, even with flaws and gaffs; never claimed to
be a sci fi(sic) fan, and refrain from judgements on others. Course, I also
never heard of the TV version.

Now, if somebody could give me a mail-order source for this Vermillion
game... *sigh*

The_Beast

cmhung@insti.physics.sunysb.edu on 07/10/97 08:32:59 AM

Please respond to logh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU