Re: Anime IRC server & free club webspace

Lee Thompson (shadow@nwlink.com)
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:03:39 GMT

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:10:11 +0900, you wrote:

>This was just posted in rec.arts.anime.misc and I thought people here might
>be interested.
>
>Joe
>
>----------->>
>
>The AnimeOnline Network
>http://animeonline.org
>
>November 27 1998 NEWS
>
>I would like to invite all of you and your friends to share in
>the newest AnimeOnline project the IRC AnimeFan Network. IRC,
>Internet Relay Chat, is probably the most defining feature of the
>internet...allowing people from all over the world to join and chat
>with each other. I have created the first truly dedicated anime irc
>server called irc.animefan.net. Bring your friends and fellow anime
>colleagues over and set up a channel! The server just went online a
>few days ago and we're trying to keep it small and full of cool fans.
>You're all welcome.
>
>For more information about IRC and about the server please refer to
>the the website at http://animefan.net and again... thanks for your
>support of the AON and its services.

Oh no not again.

There used to be anime.net (and irc.anime.net) - never seemed to work.

A lot of us that have IRC frequent additional channels and so on so anything
not on EFnet is more or less useless.

It also tends to defeat the purpose of hosting fan based activites on a chat
system where newcomers cannot locate you.

-
Lee Thompson
shadow@nwlink.com