Re: Reinhard married?

Chi Ming Hung (cmhung@insti.physics.sunysb.edu)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 18:33:49 -0500

On Jan 29,  9:31am, CSUE@delphi.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: Reinhard married?
> Ming - (et al!)
>
> More spoilers!
>
> Reinhart does NOT die in episode 97 "Die by the Sword" (which is the
> 2nd part to teh previous ep, "Live by the Sword").  That episode is
> instead the one in which Reuental dies after his abortive attempt at
> rebellion.

Ahhh!  I figured since episode 100 is "Long Live the Empress!", so perhaps
Reinhard died and they hailed Hilda out of grief instead, guess not =)

> No, Reinhart probably dies in the last or nestxt-to-last episode.  He
> is succeede only by his wife and child, with sworn support from Mittermeier
> and
> his son  :)

Alright, though I would have preferred it better if Reinhard died early
while Yang died at the last episode (or not at all =)

On Jan 29,  9:36am, CSUE@delphi.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: Reinhard married?
> Re: titles ...
>
> I always thought the Japanese pronunciation of Empress would be Kisaki - ?
> (It's in my dictionary!)  They use the Empress kanji, but it's always got
> the Kaiserin "ruby" next to it in katakana.  (In books)

You're right Sue, "kisaki" in kanji is

..........##...
..#...#######..
..######.......
..##...........
..##.........#.
..#############
..##...........
..##.#......#..
..##.#########.
..##.##....##..
.##..##....##..
.##..##....##..
.#...##....##..
#....##....##..
.....########..
.....#.....#...

which alone means "empress" or "queen", the same as "kougou"

.....##...................##...
..#.##.....#......#...#######..
..###########.....######.......
..##......##......##...........
..##########......##.........#.
..##......##......#############
..##########......##...........
..#.......#.......##.#......#..
..##########......##.#########.
......##..........##.##....##..
......##..#......##..##....##..
..##########.....##..##....##..
......##.........#...##....##..
......##........#....##....##..

which is what they used in the title of episode 100.  As to why the same
kanji is pronounced "kisaki" alone but "gou" when combined with "kou",
I think it's the oddity of Japanese kanji =)

Again, thanks for the juicy details, keep them coming =)

Ming.

--
|  \/  (_)_ _  __ _        >\\\|/<        | "If you wish to live wisely,  |